Where is everyone??

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
tobster
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Re: Where is everyone??

Post by tobster »

Thanks! Lots of cute pics.

The discussion on dog food made me curious about the weight of the other puppies. Toby is a little over 5 months older and 26.8 lbs as of this morning. How big are Tanner and Gus?

Brendainnj
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Brendainnj »

Tanner is just over 6 months...31.4 lbs. My scale might be off; I did it 2x, the first was 28.6? So I'm rounding to 30 lbs. Hard to gauge as he's wriggling in my arms while I'm trying to lean over to read the numbers :roll:

I actually think he's the perfect size right now...like him "portable."

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Hello all. Our update is more of the same.... Scout, Kallie and Trapper acting like puppies when they are 12, 11, and 10 years old. Then there is our blind three year old CharLee who lets NOTHING - and I mean NOTHING - slow her down. Trapper is still obsessed with toilet paper and I have to keep a mouse trap (not set) on the roll so that it falls and makes noise if he messes with it. He comes running out of the bathroom "eeek, a mouse!"

I do not like cold weather and especially dislike winter and snow. Sad that the season will soon be upon us. I had a garden this summer and miss working outside in the warm weather. The garden is fenced off and DH built two supposedly Brittany-proof gates. That pipe dream lasted about five minutes before Kallie figured the gates out. She taught the others how to get in. Grrr. They left the garden alone because the bird seed under the bird feeder was so much tastier. Double grrr. Oh well, I get a brief respite from the cold when we go visit our grandson in Texas for a week. Our son is coming in to watch the dogs for us.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

tobster wrote:
Also, any advice for wearing out a puppy who has no interest in going on walks? We do daycare 2x a week, the park almost every day, and hikes on the weekends sometimes, but I would love any other ideas. I got one of those kibble dispensing toys, but he gets bored if I take it out more than once a week. I live in Seattle, so any ideas that avoid the rain would be great :)
Have you tried a flirt pole? Supposedly gives the equivalent excercise of a one hour walk in ten minutes.

Here's a good article about them: http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/04/24/flirt-pole/
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

duckypond1
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by duckypond1 »

sorry I have been so busy with school that I havent had a lot of time to stop by and post anything
Jeice Image and Tucker Image

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

I've been very bad lately and haven't been on the discussion board. The boys are doing great. We took our annual trip to Mexico (driving down the baja) with all three dogs. They did great but Wesley really had a big time. He got really brave with the ocean and would swim for hours in the tide pools chasing fish. By the end of the month, he was swimming out past the surf after ducks. They would duck down right when he got there and then he'd swim off after another one. We actually had to have time outs because I was worried about him getting too tired while paddling around. Shep loved chasing birds on the beach and Moby just sun bathes. He's 99.9% deaf now and keeps very close track of us. A couple times, he got confused and ran up to strangers thinking it was us. We could see the panic when he realized his mistake and we would run to him to calm him down. Poor boy. He's funny in his old age though. I would get up at sunrise every morning for a run or walk on the beach. Wes and Shep were at the door jumping but Moby would snuggle even harder with my DH as if saying, "the old men want to sleep in". On the last morning, we had to leave early so I literally pulled poor Moby out of the bed in order to walk/poop before a long day in the car. You'd have thought I was beating him with the way he acted. Set in his ways !!!!

We're home now in cold/snowy Colorado. Settling in for the winter.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Your trips to the Baja always sound like something I would love to do. How long of a ride is it from CO?
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

It's a full 4 day drive. Of course, we drive 75mph in the US but once we get to Mexico, the highway is 2 lanes with no decent shoulders and you have to drive through many pueblos. In other words, it's slow going. With 3 dogs, we also have to stop more to walk them and let them play. That being said, they do amazingly well in the camper for 4 days. We always stop to camp with at least one hour of light left so they can just run around and go crazy. The best part is that before we even go to our casita, we drive down to the beach the minute we get there. We let the boys out and just watch them prance in the waves. It's worth the drive !!!!!